The Goshen Library and Historical Society was established in 1894 on the upper floor of the Surrogate’s Court Building in Goshen, New York. Until 1911, the library only accepted paying visitors and in 1918 it opened in its present location. The organization has simply outgrown their old building. The new 20,600 square feet library provides a greatly expanded children’s room and activity space, all handicap accessible. There is an adult service area, with comfortable seating for reading and research. The library will also feature outdoor leisure areas for reading and activities, small conference rooms, a community meeting room with room for up to 100 people, and a larger local history room.
Goshen, New York
- Historic Renovation